A quick meal doesn’t have to mean a boring meal. This garlic ginger shrimp recipe is a winner when you’re short on time. Just make sure the shrimps are thawed in advance. To make the cooking process even faster, I peel and devein the shrimp in advance also. If you know you’ll be really right on time, mince and chop everything ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until needed.
This might end up being the fastest dinner you’ve ever made. I must say, there is quite a prominent taste of ginger, hence the name of the recipe is garlic “ginger” shrimp. I love ginger so it doesn’t seem too overpowering in my opinion. You’re always more than welcome to add less if you’re unsure if you like ginger or not.
Garlicky ginger shrimp stir fried in soy sauce and green onion. This quick 15 minute meal is both flavorful and easy to make.
Course Main Course Main Course Cuisine Chinese Chinese Prep Time 10 minutes 10 minutes Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes 16 minutes Servings 6
- · 2 tbsp olive oil
- · 4 garlic cloves minced
- · 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- · 2 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- · 6 tbsp soy sauce
- · 4 tsp white sugar
- · 5 green onions sliced
- · In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and stir for about 1 minute.
- · Add in the shrimp and cook over medium high heat until they develop a pinkish orange color. About 2-3 minutes. Careful not to over cook them.
- · Add in the soy sauce and sugar and stir for another minute.
- · Lastly, add in the green onion and serve over rice.
What to serve with Ginger shrimp?
We love to serve these garlic ginger shrimp with:
- hot white rice
- stir-fried vegetables
- any Asian style salad like Asian chicken salad but without the chicken.