Moving Brand Ltd is committed to protecting customer’s privacy. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights.
moving brands (“the pillow shop”, “we” or “us”) is the data controller of the personal data collected via or in connection with the pillow shop.lk (the “website”).
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the website. This information may include the following:
- Information you provide to us when you use our website (e.g. your name, contact details, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile).
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our website (e.g. credit/debit card details, PayPal information and delivery information).
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media)
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our website.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data may include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the website to you and show you content that we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the website, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing emails.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query or if you consent to receive marketing email from us).
Because it is in our legitimate interest as an e-commerce retailer to maintain and promote our services, we are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the website, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
We like to communicate with our valued customers and depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing emails. Some of these emails may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, or if you would like to opt back in, you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us, clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account once logged into our website.
If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with necessary emails from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
Who do we share this personal data with?
We do not share customers’ personal data with third parties for no legitimate reasons, however sometimes we need to share your personal data for the following reasons:
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
This website ensures that data is encrypted when communicating with the website. This process involves the conversion of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This website follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this website over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our website, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our website.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, update, and request the erasure of your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including sending you marketing emails. See the marketing section above for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below.